Job Title: Financial Planning Associate
Reports to: Director of Advisory Services
Location: Madison, WI
Responsible for providing an exceptional financial planning experience to clients and prospective clients of the firm. This role is critical to the overall financial planning efforts and leverage of the firm’s Portfolio Managers. This position reports directly to the Director of Advisory Services and works closely on a day-to-day basis with Director and Portfolio Managers.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Collaborate with various internal team members to provide a superior financial planning and client service experience.
- Leads financial planning efforts of all Portfolio Managers. Expectation is PM will initiate planning conversation, yet FP Associate will drive all activity and present findings. Will collaborate directly with clients in discovery process as well as ongoing financial planning matters. Work with financial planning software, MoneyGuide, Morningstar and FinaMetrica.
- Monitor, assess and maintain client financial plan on an ongoing basis for compliance, documentation, and data quality.
- Effectively utilize firm systems such as but not limited to APX, Charles Schwab, Salesforce, and client portal to improve support capabilities and efficiencies.
- Effectively use firm technology to improve efficiencies of all associates.
- May coordinate financial planning meetings per client-specific documented frequency.
- Convey a sense of urgency and bring issues to closure despite obstacles and opposition.
- Demonstrate sound decisions making and strategic thinking, which reflects an understanding of the firm’s business and its priorities to its clients.
- Support business development initiatives of the firm.
- Other duties that may be assigned.
- Diligence, excellent organization and time management skills, proven drive to consistently follow-through.
- Ability to listen well with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and triage effectively and resolve conflict.
- Process driven and results oriented.
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively.
- Creative problem solver with an ability to anticipate needs and actively participate in a continuous improvement culture.
- A desire to continually be a student of the investment management industry.
- Consistently focused on meeting and exceeding deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Economics or Consumer Science (Personal Finance).
- Three to five years financial planning experience
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) designation or candidate in pursuit of CFP®.